Pre-Valentines Rant

on Monday, February 13, 2012
This will be easier said than done, but when I do (finally) have someone to call my own, I will try my very best to tell him this:

"I'll make a deal with you. The moment you become unhappy with me, you can go. I won't stop you, I won't fight you, I won't even take it against you. Or at the very least, I won't show it.

I will, though, be sad. Maybe even a little miserable. But I will not hate you for feeling what you're feeling.

But until that day comes, you have to promise me that you'll try. That you will love me unconditionally, faults and all. And I will promise to keep you happy.

And if we wake up one day, side by side, old and gray, we'll know that we both did something right."


Maybe that's why relationships don't work out in the first place. Because people are selfish. We expect them to love us forever and we won't let them go when they start to feel otherwise. Or we expect them to fight for us and try to stay in relationships that are doomed and destructive, when we could just let them be happy.

Some people are meant to fall in love with each other, but not be together. And by not being together is probably one of the greatest ways they will ever love each other.

Happy Valentines. :)

2 arguments:

Post a Comment