First non-complaint.

on Thursday, October 6, 2011

I don't usually do this, blog about non-complaints. I mean, this is a blog dedicated to my complaints and having to write about something that isn't a rant would just seem.. meaningless. But I'm going to make an exemption. Just this one time.

I grew up in a household that gave high importance to computers and technology in general. The family business greatly relied on it, and I was, and still am, thankful for all the innovations Steve Jobs gave us through Apple. I may not have known the man personally, but somehow, his life and his work paved the way for me to be where I am today. I've been an Apple user for around 7 years, before white earphones were cool and everyone had a start bar instead of a dock. Apple exposed me to a clean and simple interface that had a sleek design. Because of that, I became interested in graphics and typography. Today, I find myself in Advertising, which I have Steve to thank for.

So, I'm joining the bandwagon. --Along with 1,000,000++ loyal fans that blogged about Steve Jobs. He's that brilliant. To be honest, I didn't want to conform by writing just another regular tribute. I tried thinking of other ways, such as going to the nearest Apple store and impulsively buying myself an iPhone 4 to replace my current spider-webbed screen phone, but due to my lack of funds, that will probably have to wait a few more months. I know blogging won't do much except maybe add to the clutter that had already been uploaded online, but I just really felt the need to write about a stranger that changed my life, along with millions of others, by being different.

If you're not aware of just how awesome Steve Jobs was, please take the time to educate yourselves. Start with this: http://news.stanford.edu/news/2005/june15/jobs-061505.html It's quite lengthy, but I promise you it is seriously worth your time. "Stay hungry. Stay Foolish." Damn, he was brilliant. I can't stress it enough.

Thank you times infinity, Steve Jobs. I'm not sure what your religion is (wiki says you're Buddhist), but i'll be praying for you & your family. You've done so much for this world, it's time to rest. You will surely be missed, sir.

0 arguments:

Post a Comment