Today's Complaint: When words fall short.

on Sunday, October 23, 2011
Last Friday was my last day for my on-the-job training (OJT). To be perfectly honest, I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Maybe it'll hit me tomorrow, when I realize it's Monday and that I'm not groggy and up early to face Makati traffic head on. Maybe i'll just lay in bed a couple of more minutes longer than I usually do and just stare. Until it hits me that I have to get up and continue working on my thesis. My damn thesis that I can't seem to voluntarily work it. I literally have to force myself to think about it.

But before anymore thesis-related complaints, I think I'm gonna reminisce a bit first about Saatchi. It was one hell of an experience. 200 hours was definitely not enough. The people were so ordinary, yet extremely brilliant. Their thoughts.. Their ideas.. it made me insanely jealous. I don't know if they knew it or not, but there was a certain way they spoke of them. If you paid close enough attention, you'd hear that little hint of passion in their voices and even see it through their small hand gestures.

Advertising is definitely not a glamorous job, but I understand why people make it out to be. The people in the industry may complain that the hours suck, the pay is low, the workload is intense, but in the end, they stick to it. They seem to really love what they do, and one day, I hope to be just as lucky. And if unfortunately I end up somewhere else, then I'm glad I was given 200 hours to bask in the greatness of some of the most talented, witty, crazy, badass, socially-awkward, awesome, sabaw, intense, inspiring, and passionate people in the industry.

We made little thank you cards that we gave out during our last day. I even hand-wrote the "thank you" that is written in on top to personalize it even a bit more. --That, and 'cause I couldn't find a font that fit the damn thought bubbles perfectly.

Here's a picture of my thesis group talking about our account. Maaan, I'm gonna miss the bar! I wish I took a picture of the sexy bar stools. I'll probably just do that when we visit next Thursday.

My humble companions that kept me sane. I lost my lighter on our third week and practically borrowed non-stop from kuya guard and my other officemates. I'm sorry for bumming! & don't worry, I already bought myself a shiny new cricket.

There's still a lot I wish I could've said to some people in the office. Thank you for teaching me more than I could ever have learned from school. You are definitely one of the nicest people I have ever met in my life. I'm sorry if I ever offended you. I hope we're not awkward from that Friday night. Please father my future children. (Okay, that last one was a joke. A little.) But the thing with words is that sometimes it falls short. So what I'm gonna do instead is offer up my thesis to all those people in the office who changed my life. Hopefully we (my group mates and I) learned enough to win best thesis and make you all proud.

So, I'm not really sure if this was a complaint, but I just felt the need to write so bugger off. This is my blog. Go away.

0 arguments:

Post a Comment