Today's Complaint: Girl Stuff.

on Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Yesterday was my parents' 25th wedding anniversary. It was quite legendary, and extremely cheesy, but that's not what I'm complaining about. What I actually wanted to write about was the lengths girls go through each and everyday.

I woke up at 6.30 am took a shower and got dressed --like literally, I wore a dress. I put some make-up on (over the make-up I still had from the previous night) and got my heels out of its box. I went through my hair with a flat iron and then headed to work.

The mass my parents arranged was at 4 pm. So by this time, I had already been wearing my heels for a mere 8 hours. No biggie. (I hope you know I'm being sarcastic.) Afterwards, there was a small celebration at our place. Luckily, I was allowed to change into shorts and more comfortable footwear. BUT, the damage had already been done. My pinky toes were already dead. --Not in the literal sense, I didn't have to cut them off or anything, if that's what you're thinking, you morbid person, you.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that girls have it way worse than boys. Boys can just hop in the shower, put on some clean underwear and they're good! Girls on the other hand have to make a million and one decisions --what top/bottom/shoes go with what, what color/print/style go with what, what make-up to use, what way to style your hair-- even before leaving the house! It's crazy. And we even pay for it! My feet hurt until now and my waterproof mascara, which was an advantage yesterday, still won't come off.

Why why why do we torture ourselves?! Oh, I know. 'Cause some dude (I'm assuming a man invented make-up and high heeled shoes because there's no way in hell a woman would invent something that would cause so much pain) probably thought it was funny to give girls more shit to think about other than their monthly period and the pains of giving birth. So, thank you. Whoever you are (for make-up, you're most likely Egyptian, according to Wiki).

Eff.

0 arguments:

Post a Comment